a spring – summer offering
South of Town Yin
June 13 – July 4
We will meet for a very mellow class with long yin-style holds, gentle restful movements, poetry, guided meditations and soft savasana.
June 13 – we will meet at Kelly Creek Church on Zilinsky (across from the school)
A few details…
* I am still recovering from my accident so my capacity is not what it once was… while I hope to be able to provide some props, I encourage you to bring your own thick yoga mat, bolster (we have usually used the Halfmoon Prana boster), cozy but firm blanket, and yoga loop (strap).
Terri at Nourish is offering a 10% off to any of you folks who would like to buy local. Contact me for more details.
*Please pay what you like and drop in to any classes that you like… no need to pre-register or sign up for all four in advance.
* We will practice at Hannah’s sweet grassy paradise at 10233 Douglas Bay Road.
*If it is cold & wet that day, we will be in the Church on Zilinsky. I will do my best to send out an email and post on FB if that is the case. If you aren’t on my email list and would like to be, please PM me.
* Please dress in warm layers — whatever the weather. We are under the trees, connected to the earth, and softening into variations of stillness .. this can sometimes be on the cool side and we want to offer ourselves warmth so that we can truly rest and restore with ease…
Please reach out if you would like … phone, email, or facebook…
Looking forward to our practice together, again.
Take good care,
Connect with me at email@example.com or my Facebook page.
Practice in a mindful and grounded way – connected to your inner light. Yin yoga is a practice of long-held postures (3-10 minutes) that safely nourishes the joints and connective tissues, settles you into meditative stillness, and enriches overall health and well-being. This practice supports deep inner awareness by encouraging us to listen to our own wisdom, use props, and adapt the practice to meet our own conditions and abilities. Suitable for most students.
Come home to yourself. Nourish your body, mind, and heart. Settle into comfort and rest – an essential part of our daily rhythms. A lovely blend of yin & restorative postures, breath practices, and guided meditations to slow you down and ease you into a rest. This practice supports deep healing and relaxation, soothes the nervous system, and helps us to cultivates an attitude of self-compassion and gentle curiosity towards the self. Suitable for most students.
Slow Glow Yin
A slow & mindful gentle flow with moments of deep stillness and stretch. We explore yoga forms and sensation, I read poetry and offer guided meditations, we breathe together, we keep it soft and gentle, and then we rest.
Yoga for Anxiety: Ease Your Worried Mind
This four-week series provides an engaging introduction to mindfulness & basic yoga forms as complementary practices to existing strategies for managing anxiety. Each session will consist of guided relaxation, breath practices, yoga forms / movements, group discussion (no participation required), and self-reflection. No yoga or mindfulness meditation experience required. Suitable for most levels of mobility (chair options will be offered).
Yin for Well-Being & Self-Care
This five week series is a gentle and steady practice of simple yoga forms, breath practices, and guided relaxation to support overall wellness and self-care. Yin is a nourishing type of yoga, that can also be somewhat challenging, as we are invited to slow down, explore sensation with curiosity, and cultivate stillness. In this floor-based practice, yoga props such as bolsters, blankets and blocks help us to release, lengthen and extend into ease and a sense of spaciousness. Variations are encouraged to adapt the practice to meet our own conditions. Suitable for most students.
Slumber Series: Monthly Yin & Yoga Nidra
Join me for deep rest & relaxation. We will spend time in Yin shapes to soothe, strengthen and support our nervous system and end with a Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep) practice to uplift and align us with our heartfelt intentions and natural state of joy & resilience.
I think you have a wonderful gift for lulling people into a meditative state with your voice and it’s very soothing.
I appreciate your calm and quiet manner, your sense of joy and humour and your encouragement while we are on the mat. I really appreciate your attention to alternatives for old folks like me, it makes your classes… very valuable for me.
I love coming to your classes and feel very nurtured by you, your kindness and your loving style of teaching. I appreciate the individual attention you give to each of us and your spiritual readings as well as your beautiful presence. Thanks for sharing yourself so generously. You work resonates with my chosen path. Love is ALL, Love is ALL.
I especially loved how you would weave poetry/inspiration into classes – making it not only a yoga class, but also a truly inspiring experience every time.
I have enjoyed your classes very much. I have studied yoga for 10 years in a more aggressive therapeutic style and still remain very tight all over my body. Your style has allowed me to concentrate back to the fundamentals of stretching, strength and balance. Thank you so much.
Some of my education, training, and professional development
* Interprofessional Mental Health and Addictions Post-Degree Diploma: Camosun College
* Yoga, Mental Health & Trauma Immersion: Ajna Yoga Centre (2015) / Nourish (2017)
* Restorative Yoga Teacher Training: The Path, Vancouver (2014)
* Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Bernie Clark & Diana Batts (2014)
* Certified Yoga Teacher for Kids and Families: Rainbow Kids Yoga (2013)
* Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher (300 hour program): Ajna Yoga Centre (2012)
* Yoga Nidra Immersion : Ajna Yoga Centre (2012)
* Street Yoga Teacher Training: Street Yoga (2012)
* Bachelor of Arts degree / Anthropology and Diploma in Intercultural Education and Training: University of Victoria (2009)
* Fully insured and registered Yoga Teacher with the Canadian Yoga Alliance
* Professional development: adult education, art therapy, self-directed arts/crafts studies, body-based art-making, grief and loss, suicide prevention, trauma-sensitive yoga.